Registration: Before April 10, at the Recreation Department or the Library
Clientele: Ages 11-15 | Bilingual
Location: Chalet Peter-Williamson
Schedule: Sunday, April 26, 2020 | 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Cost: $45 residents, $55 non-residents | manual included
The Babysitting course, refreshed and revised, now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
- How to be responsible and show leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviors.
- The stages of development of children and strategies adapted to each one.
- How to feed and dress children and babies, play with them and change a diaper.
- How to recognize and prevent dangerous situations, make informed choices and promote safe behaviors.
- The notions of basic first aid :
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Glove removal
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child/baby/alone)
- CPR (baby/child)
- Asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer)
- Anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen)
- Insect stings
- Wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
- Babysitting as a job.
If the day camp world sounds like fun to you, you might enjoy being a camp councilor. This program can help you learn how to be a great camp councilor and have fun working with children. Over a two-week period you will have:
- Theory and practical training
- A "stage" as an assistant councilor at the Day Camp
- A chance to participate in the Day Camp outings
- A certificate confirming your training
For the registration details, consult the Day Camp section.
Clientele: 12 to 15 years old
Registration: required during the registration period for pool activities on June 4, 5 and 6. Places are limited.
Schedule: July 2 to August 6, 2020 | Weekly meeting on Thursday at 6 pm.
A 6-week hands-on educational program that teaches the youth about the world of aquatics and how it works. LEADERS will participate in weekly meetings and volunteer at the pool during aquatic competitions, theme nights, events and with the aquatic programs offered by the municipal pool.
Special activities will be organised for the LEADERS program participants each week (movie outings, pool games, outings, etc.)