Access to information

As a government agency, the City of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue is subject to the Act respecting Access to Documents held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information(L.R.Q., c. A-2.1). Any person can request access to any document produced by the City of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue or any personal document held by it. He/she can also request a correction to personal information concerning him/her. Personal information is any information concerning a physical person which allows for the identification of that individual. It is confidential and cannot be imparted without the consent of the person in question.


How to request document access?

By law, any request for access to a document by laws must be done in writing. The person must:

  1. Identify himself/herself and provide the required information
  2. Specify the requested document (title, author, date or period, and department in question)
  3. Make the request directly with the person in charge of access to information:

Me Catherine Adam, Greffière

109, Rue Sainte-Anne

Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue (Québec) H9X 1M2


514 457-6851 / Télécopieur : 514 457-6087

When a written request is sent to the person in charge of access to information, an acknowledgment of receipt will be issued and immediately sent to the person making the request. Then, following that date, the person will receive a response within the next 30 days.

A fee is required for copying a document. Document consultation on premises is free of charge.

If access to a document or information has been denied, the person who has made a written request can ask the Commission d’accès à l’information for a review of such a decision within 30 days of its reception.


Commission d’accès à l’information

500, Boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest

Bureau 18.200

Montréal (QC) H2Z 1W7

Tel : 514-873-4196 / Toll free number : 1-888-528-7741 / Fax : 514-844-6170


It is possible that an error may slip into personal information gathered by the City and be included in a person’s files. In such a case, a correction can be requested from the person in charge of access to information.