In this same spirit, why not participate in the Town’s new Block Party program that is being introduced this summer. Get in touch with us for all the details.
The Town of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue believes that a strong sense of community is very important. The goal of the Block Party program is to help bring our community together, and offer everyone a way to interact and have fun in a friendly and safe environment. Our aim is to help you plan the details of your party, and provide you with the necessary help and material to make your gathering a success.
Who can apply?
- Neighbourhood Partiesorganizer must be over 21 years of age.
- If the Neighbourhood Partiesorganizer is not the owner of the house or building in which they live, they must have written permission from the owner of the building.
- The Neighbourhood Partiesprogram is for residents of the Town of Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue only.
- Only community Neighbourhood Partiesevents will be considered. Individual house parties are not eligible for the program.
- All neighboring homes and buildings must be informed of the Neighbourhood Parties. Written consent must be provided (see form attached).
- The Neighbourhood Partiesprogram is available from June 9th, 2018 to September 9th, 2018.
- Street closures may be requested, but approval is not guaranteed. Street closure requests will be analyzed by the Town`s various departments (Recreation, Public Security, Public Works, General Director), and will only be granted if they do not block a major circulation route.
- If a street closure is granted, the Town will provide metal barricades in order to block the streets.
- The Town`s goal is to facilitate your event by loaning you the equipment necessary to make it a success.
- Equipment loans are subject to availability. A limited amount of equipment is available. Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Equipment is unavailable on certain dates due to Town events (see list for availability). The equipment is reserved for these events.
- Any broken for damaged equipment will be charged to the party organizer.
- The equipment is the responsibility of the party organizer while in their possession (from the moment the equipment is dropped off at their home to when it is picked up by Town employees). They are responsible for all theft, damage, etc. that may occur.
- Equipment will be delivered on Fridays mornings between 8 am and 11 am, and picked up Mondays between 8 am and 3:30 pm.
- All equipment must be cleaned and ready for pick up Monday morning.
- Neighbourhood Partiesrequests must be made a minimum or 14 days prior to the event, by e-mail, fax, or in person.
- Neighbourhood Partiesare limited to one day only, exclusively between the hours of 9 am and 10 pm, including set-up and clean-up.
- The party organizer and the people participating in the party are responsible for the complete clean up after the event. All garbage and debris must be cleaned up and put away responsibly (example: garbage stored properly and away from animals). The Town is not responsible for the clean- up of Neighbourhood Partiesevents.
- All neighbors affected by the Neighbourhood Parties must give written permission or consent (see form provided).
- All roads must be left clear and unobstructed in order to allow emergency vehicles to pass if needed.
- In the event that alcohol is served at the Neighbourhood Parties, it must be consumed on private property (front lawn, back yard, etc.).
- No bonfires or fireworks are permitted.
- The Town reserves the right to cancel all Neighbourhood Partiesapprovals and/or equipment loans due to unforeseen circumstances (example: water problems, emergency work or construction, etc.)
*EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR NEIGHBOURHOOD PARTIESPROGRAM
- Plastic tables (6ft)
- Plastic chairs
- Plastic garbage (large), and garbage bags
- Cylinder beverage cooler
- Corn roast pot and burner (propane not included)
- BBQ (1 available) (propane not included)
- Pop up tents
- Orange cones
- Parachute game for children with accessories pack
- Bocce set
- Horseshoes set
- Tug of war rope
*Please note that the availability of the equipment will be limited during the City Events. Please consult the Calendar.
Information : www.fetedesvoisins.qc.ca
Check with the Recreation Services to find out how you can receive help. 514-457-1605
Date: Saturday, June 9th
Location: in your backyard, the lobby of your building, on your street, in your local park, etc.
It is time to plan your participation in the 2018 Neighbours’ Day! A fun way to get to know each other better and strengthen good neighbourly relations.
Neighbours’ Day is simply neighbours extending invitations for Happy Hour (5 à 7), a barbecue, a picnic, a pot luck buffet, a dessert contest, etc. with the goal of getting to know each other.
Why participate in Neighbours’ Day?
• To develop a sense of belonging, mutual assistance and a feeling of safety;
• To bridge the gap between generations and citizens of diverse origins;
• To foster a dynamic of participation in the community.