Any waste that does not go in the recycling or organics bin, and that is not on the list of non-accepted materials.
Accepted items include :
- Diapers and sanitary towels
- Soiled litter
- Waxed paper (e.g. ice cream container)
- Waxed packaging for meat or cheese
- Dental floss
- Dryer lint
- Garden hoses
- Hydrofluoric acid
- Firearms and ammunition, explosives
- Branches, stumps and logs, Christmas trees
- Biomedical and radioactive waste
- Flares and fireworks
- Recyclable materials
- Unprotected sharp objects
- Products containing PCBs
- Food waste
- Construction, renovation and demolition waste
- Household hazardous waste (e.g. paints and solvents, pesticides, batteries, propane tanks, cleaning products, fluorescents and CFLs, etc.)
- Bulky waste
- Residues subject to voluntary collection
- Information and communications technology waste (e.g. screens, computers, printers, etc.)
- Green and Fall Waste
Household waste is collected every 2 weeks on Thursdays throughout the year. *
*This new schedule will come into effect as of November 2023.
For the complete collection schedule: (2024 calendar coming soon)
It is MANDATORY to put all household waste in a rigid bin with a lid.
You can place your bin at the curb from 7 p.m. on the day beforte the collect to 7 a.m. the morning of, so as not to miss the truck.
Please return your bin to the side or back yard of your residence as soon as possible after pickup, and no later than 7 p.m. on collection day.
Our Municipal bylaw states that rolling bins should not be stored on the front yard. Bins must be placed in an area that is not visible from the street or hidden behind a privacy wall.
Garbage collection is now every two weeks at all times, as the city seeks to implement solutions to optimize the management of household waste, and thus improve our community's environmental impact.
In Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, only 43% of residual waste generated is recovered. By 2025, our goal is to have 70% of residual materials recycled.
Submit a request via the Voilà! citizen portal. *
*Please specify which bins you need (Garbage, Recycling, Compost).
Rinse your bin with soap, baking soda or a solution of white vinegar and water.
The size of wheeled bins for household waste collection is of 120, 240 or 360 liters. Waste placed in any other bin will not be collected. *
*Your garbage bags must be placed in the closed bin.